Saturday 27 February 2016

A new home


The last weekend of January I packed up and headed up to Alcala de henares, Madrid. This journey marked the start of the new adventure, a new season. I met my new teammates and staff from EC Cartucho.es during the team presentation that very weekend. It was great to meet everyone and you could feel the buzz and excitement for the season ahead.

Also its nice to finally setup camp for the rest of the year, I'm currently living in a small flat with  2 of my Norwegian teammates Elias and Jonas. Being in a new environment can be stressful at times, not knowing where everything is and what to do/where to go and sort things etc. It doesn't help that I came to Spain not knowing much Spanish at all! I will learn, I have too. But after a few weeks now, Im getting to know the area better and better, I've already seeked out favorite routes/rides and enjoyed exploring new roads, getting into routines, feeling more relaxed and settling in to my new home, Alcala de henares.

Previously I anticipated to start racing at the beginning of February, however I still haven't pinned the numbers on the new jersey just yet but its just around the corner -  this weekend it all changes! 
I start in a race, an hour or so away from Madrid and have races most weeks from then on. It'll be nice to get the ball rolling after a winter of preparation and finally get that race feeling back. This is why we/I all train those long hours and endless miles - for the racing! 

Keep you posted!


Kris










No comments:

Post a Comment