Thursday 17 September 2015

That's a wrap!

I've decided to end my season this week, I think I'm ready for a rest after a long season of racing and training hard.

Last race update 

Last weekend I had a double racing weekend lined up, on the Saturday I went up to Oxford and managed 8th in Beeline RR, a little disappointed with how it panned out, a few mistakes made by myself. However the sunday race was a new experience. A RR in Elstead, Surrey, unfortunately the race had to be neutralized each lap because of a running event that was going through a village we had to pass through. This caused a bit of chaos with lots of cars and runners about, as we didn't have NEG motorbikes in front of the race, lets just say having the lead car to stop on a decent and the whole bunch having to grab the breaks, it makes for some heart in mouth moments, pretty sketchy. After the 2nd/3rd lap the race got abandoned after a parked car pulled out on one of the riders and forced him off the road and crash. If a lead car passes you and a 80 strong field are coming past, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't pull out..
Anyway they decided to switch circuits and after an hour we started again, and lets just say a similar thing happened on a decent,on narrow road, poor vision and with a horse in front.  Race abandoned again. Not how I wanted to end my season, but it is what it is.



So that's another season done. I'm happy with what I've achieved, learnt and how I progressed. I'm also confident in what I can achieve in the future and I've come out the other end of the 2015 season stronger and a much better rider overall. A big thanks has to go to my coach, Mark Dolan from Epic coaching for the help with the training and support this year.

Also a big thank you to my sponsor Pedal potential helping me make this season and all the racing opportunities possible!


Keep your eyes peeled, fingers crossed I'll have some good news in the coming weeks!


Au revoir.

March seems like a long time ago..








No comments:

Post a Comment